Friday, July 13, 2012

Homemade Dr. Pepper

We are talking priorities today. 
We are talking life changing information. 

I took hubs out for a birthday dinner last night. With me, I brought almond extract, vanilla extract, and a cold bottle of Pepsi. 



While we waited for dinner to arrive, I pulled out my bottles of extract and proceeded to dump in 1/2 t. of each into the bottles. I'm sure it looked like I was spiking our Pepsi with vodka. Just another reason for people to think we are weird. Take a number. 

I had this vision of making Dr. Pepper for his birthday, but didn't want to waste the almond extract in trying beforehand. So, we were throwing caution to the wind and tried this on the spot. There was risk, but what great experiments come without a high degree of risk?

It totally worked. I drank mine in 0.23 seconds and then proceeded to pat myself on the back. I realize this dinner was about the birthday boy, but I was stealing his thunder for just one minute while I gloated in this new found concoction. 

Supposedly, Coke doesn't work as well as Pepsi. I haven't tried it, but I will say the Pepsi worked great. 

So for all of you poor souls who live in the States, but north of the Mason Dixon or you don't live in the States and are desperately craving a comfort drink, here you are:

1 bottle of Pepsi
1/2 t. almond extract
1/2 t. vanilla extract

You can adjust these a little according to how sweet you want it. 

Now...go brag to your friends.

And...

Happy Birthday to my man!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...